Thursday, July 15, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

In case anyone doubts the love of baseball that an 18-month old can have, ladies and gentlemen, I present you with this:

Jax actually had a meltdown when I put him down for a nap last Saturday because the baseball (real, game-approved, hard baseball) could not take a nap with him.  I'm not talking a few tears here - I'm talking real bawling and get-a-paper-bag hyperventilation.  So, I broke down and let the poor kid have his beloved baseball.  He slept with it for a while before I could sneak it out of his crib.  Two hours later, he awoke.  Another meltdown immediately ensued as the very first thing he realized was that his ball was not in his hand.  He frantically shook his blanket (note: also covered in balls) and then went straight into panic mode screaming "baseball!"  He finally spotted the ball in his closet and pointed to it, looked at me in the most stern expression such a small child can make, and actually yelled at me for the first time ever.  "Babada Mama BASEBALL!!!!"   The second I placed the ball in his hands, an immediate giggle and smile.  Simple pleasures, I guess. :)

Anyway, appropriately enough that was the same weekend Grandma and Grampa got us skybox tickets at the Frederick Keys game.  Oh boy!  Jax's dream world - lots of people to flirt and play with, baseball, and food!  He even got to try cotton candy for the first time and ride the merry-go-round.

Upon our arrival, Grampa had a new present waiting for him - a new bat and ball.




With the exception of the merry-go-round, the bat and ball went everywhere with Jax that night.  He was so excited to see the baseball players on the field who also had a bat, just like his!!



The merry-go-round was another favorite.  He rode it with daddy, mommy, and Grampa.  And each time the ride stopped a sad "oh no..." was heard.  




And finally, Jax met Keyote, the Keys mascot.  Everyone held their breath to see if he would be afraid, but he loved him!!  They fist-bumped, hugged, and Jax even gave him a kiss on the nose.


Hugs for Keyote

Fist-Bumping



Buddies!!

It was a great day with the family.  Definitely a night to remember!!  :)


XOXO

Be a best friend. Tell the truth. Overuse "I love you." Go to work. Do your best. Don't outsmart your common sense. Never let your praying knees get lazy. And love like crazy.





1 comment:

  1. He is so cute holding his new bat!! I'm so glad he's cool with mascots! After he loved the Easter Bunny so much, I figured you would have no problem. :)

    ReplyDelete